Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Am I Your Favorite Functioning Alcoholic?

Today was the midterm for my Beginners Japanese class. I had been fearing this day, knowing full well that I am not the kind of person that would spend the weekend or even the following Monday studying, but instead would drink myself into a state that lacks concern for tests of any kind and wing it based on my clouded recollection of what I learned in class. To be honest, I'm a terrible student as far as actual effort and preparation goes.

Even so, I knew that I would need to be prepared with something after the test. Whether it would be for the best or worst, I came prepared for the outcome by brining a victory mini-bottle of blue Alize (the best kind) and a turkey sandwich of defeat in the case of some catastrophe.
To be honest right now I don't know which to consume, but I'll probably settle for both.

*NEW FEATURE
Tess's tip of the day: Anyone who smokes or is interested in becoming addicted to nicotine for no reason and without the use of cigerettes should look into chewing nicotine gum during a test. For some reason as soon as I chew, chew parked my experimental piece of Deevy's gum, I no longer feared failure. Plus it has a bit of a kick to keep the old brain cells running at top speed. I think I might have to ask him for two more pieces for my English and Comparative Religion midterms next week.

No comments: