Saturday, October 27, 2007

Spacious, Choir Infested, One Bedroom, One Bath

Have I mentioned my apartment is a pile of shit? Know anyone who needs a place near SFU that comes with nice underground parking, a spacious living area and a ton of taking it in the ass because my apartment is the perfect place for some poor fuck to sign over on so I can get out of my lease without kicking my Apartment Manager in the nuts until he burns my contract, not that I'm opposed to that...

So apart from the every day craziness of some fucking weirdo who enjoys playing choral music for nearly seven hours a day, at least five days a week, I have dealt with assholes telling me to move everything out of the living, and dining areas right after I just got settled so they could do the job they were supposed to have finished before I moved in. They were totally awesome about it though, they barged in without calling or warning when I was more or less asleep, I told them to get out of my house and don't come back and they did...after an hour of chit chat...They did totally sneak in two hours later when I wasn't home and left two rolls of carpet on my living room floor...but wait they said they'd deal with it...but that was over three months ago. Oh shit.

So yeah, that was, irritating because when I awoke in my mid morning slumber, I walked into my hallway wearing underwear and a clear tank top and found two dipshits in my doorway telling me they've "come to lay carpet" I decided that my sex dreams were getting way too low budget and walked back in for my robe then I gave them a choice of going away or facing the wrath, but they seemingly enjoyed the view so they stuck around to harass me with amazingly brilliant problem solving suggestions for example: Taking 100% of my furniture and carrying into 30% of my house all by myself before they got back to install it two days later OR calling the never present Marvin Chu to help.

As usual, Marvin assured me that he'd deal with it and that I wouldn't have anymore walk-ins so true to his word....for almost 13 hours...No one came...Nice work Marv...the next day when I came back from school I walked in on some moron who didn't get the memo, unhooking my dryer and washer. "I didn't think you'd be home" were his exact words and that somehow said "I'm stealing a very inconvenient appliance from your house" rather than "Don't worry mam, we'll have you fixed up in a jiffy, and I'm sorry to bother you for the third time" but maybe that's just me. Either way, I told him I didn't want the washer and dryer slowly stolen or unhooked or otherwise bothered and that he needed to be in 219 AKA the place where the crazy choir practices seemed to be held.

So he left and I saw him walk down the hall to the crazies place but I'm sure the lunatic was probably to busy beating off to pictures of landscapes in Europe or Crying while dressing as his Auntie Lenore and repeating "My mother loved me, MY MOTHAH LOVED ME *sob*!" To be harassed by annoying washer/dryer chumps...Lucky bastard probably murders anyone who walks in the door while listening to his favorites from "Songs of the Rapture" by The Vienna Boys Choir.

2 comments:

She said...

You're so fucking funny Tess.

Has your landlord heard of the Tenancy Act? I mean, seriously, by not giving you any notice when they come by he's violating some of the terms.

That sucks that your apartment isn't working out... I move into my new one on Friday, should be a blast... I fucking hate moving.

T.R. said...

It seems like I'm only funny when something is making me annoyed or otherwise angry...

I bet my landlord is familiar, but I've found that most people assume young students won't know the rights, or are too unmotivated to do anything about them.

I equally hate moving, but I'm moving into a house with some people from my school within a few months. I hope it works out better than this crazy place.