Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Frida Kahlo




Bad mood, bad day. Part two of Long Story, Bad Tess is probably not going to be coming anytime soon. To be honest, it probably won't be coming at all, not that it's crucial that anyone heres about a relatively uneventful story of me popping E and dreaming about wolves, Oh well.

Moving on, it's only day two of my sobriety binge and I've messed up already. I haven't smoked at all, but I did have two glasses of wine with my mom. What a lush I am.
Maybe things will be easier in a different country on vacation. I will try to take numerous pictures and videos. I will hopefully keep things alot more interesting on here than they have been of late.

Check out my Frida Kahlo pictures. She's an amazing woman and my new hero. She has overcome so many things including: being impaled in a car accident; becoming bed ridden for months at a time; being married to Diego Rivera who was a bastard who cheated on her constantly, and having a unibrow. She was also one of the most self-obsessed painters I've ever heard of. Frida, Frida, Frida.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Kahlo was amazing. I really liked your choice of paintings to display too. The pillar one is one of my favourites, though I really really like the self portrait of her as a deer. Good stuff.

and good luck with the sobriety thing, Tess. I think you can do it.